Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moving Day!

Things have been pretty slow lately training wise. All three bunnies definitely know a click means that something is coming deliciously and they all perk up. Today we're moving into our bigger house so we can start with individual one-on-one training.

But I'm comfortable here

I started clicking only when Toby stands up so now he knows that trick while the other two still just associate it with food though Bunny has started trying to copy Toby to get food faster. Unfortunately since I have a clicker in one hand and a treat in the other, it's hard to get pictures. I'll have to think of some way to fix that problem.

Toby has always been very bright to pick up whatever skills he needs to get food fastest. I'm not sure if he's picked up the standing up trick so quickly because of the clicker or because of the food lure but there was a pretty quick transitional period.

The final result that I'm looking for is currently to be able to clicker train Cricket and Bunny into liking each other. Animosity has been increasing so they're now separated. Cricket alone and Bunny and Toby together. I'm hoping to put them in joined x-pens for a the first week or so in our new place and start the bonding process over before I move them into their permanent room.

2 comments:

  1. Are Cricket and Bunny both spayed? Maybe hormones are the cause of their animosity. If you think the cause was a fight that you weren't around to break up, you may want to just go really slow with the re-introduction and only when someone can watch them the entire time to intervene before fur flies. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

    I hope your move went well and you're getting everything unpacked and it starts to feel more like home. Cute pic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're both spayed. When I first got Bunny, Cricket would pick on her. Bunny has grown a bit though and now that she's bigger than Cricket she seems to be enjoying the "big bunny" role. I definitely plan on taking it slow with the reintroduction period. I have heard a lot of success stories with clicker training bonding so I plan on trying that. Thanks for the feedback.

      The move went pretty smoothly though we're living out of boxes at the moment. I have some great pics of the bunnies trying out the new backyard. I'll post with them soon! :)

      Delete